Download this free PDF on hydroponics by educator Nadia Ruffin and find out why hydroponic gardening is the ultimate no-space solution to growing your own food.
- With hydroponics, you can escape the restrictions of the climate and have fresh produce all year long—even if there’s a foot of snow outside.
- If you live in an apartment, you can still grow produce inside your home.
- You are not bothered by pests, wildlife, diseases and environmental changes that come with growing plants outside.
- You don’t have to use any pesticides (organic or non-organic) as long as you don’t introduce pests into your grow area.
- Since you control environmental conditions, you don’t have to deal with issues like too much (or too little) rain, too much sun, windy days, or extreme cold.
When you’re ready to start your own DIY hydroponics system, check out the supplies list we’ve compiled for you. We’ve even researched out best prices on most of what you’ll need!
About the author
Nadia Ruffin is an entomologist and urban farmer in Cincinnati, Ohio. She also keeps bees and chickens. She’s also active with the National Black Farmers Association (NBFA), and is developing agricultural programs for farmers that are both sustainable and profitable.
In her spare time, she runs her own urban farm, Quiwi Produce, and an educational program called Agricademy. At the heart of everything she does is Nadia’s passion for educating others.